"But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name."

John 1:12

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Missionary: Danita Estrella

I love missionaries. I love to see how they give up their lives for the Lord. I love to see how God uses them for His glory. I love to see how God provides abundantly for His work. It is so inspiring. Because I know I have a calling to be one day, a full-time missionary. As for now, I focus on Him. I allow Him to take me every step of the way. As for now, I fall more and more in love with Jesus. He is my only focus and He is every breath I take. Wherever He takes me, I will follow.

I want to share of the missionaries that truly inspired me. Her name is Danita Estrella. I met her last year in Colorado during the Set Apart Girl Conference. She was speaking about Poured Out Life. That was my favorite session. All throughout, I was crying while listening to her. She shared about her story, how God brought her to where she is now. She gave up so much, including her romantic relationships. I can relate to her story and I praise God! She shared about being in the season on preparation. "When you see God working in your life, don't fight it. Let Him." God will take one to a season of preparation, a season of Solitude and building the foundation in Jesus Christ. We can't go out just on our own. We go according to God's call and plan for our lives. We go as we are called, not because of our own dreams and desires, but of the desire He has put in our hearts. The wonderful about the Lord is, when He started a good work in you, He will carry it to completion until Jesus Christ comes. (Philippians 1:6) and when He calls you, He will also provide for everything that you need. I thought about that last night and I see things falling into place. I am amazed.
In our church, they have started a course on going for a mission. It is a 3-week course (one class a week) about preparing to go for a mission. I am very excited about that. In the next 2 weeks, I will be meeting persecuted Christians, for free, in a conference from Voice of the Martyrs. That is very exciting! Then there will be one opportunity to pour out to the Homeless in September. Most of all, each day God reveals something new about Him. I am amazed.

"He is before all things. In Him, all things hold together." Colossians 1:17
Here is one of her videos:

Her website is http://www.danitaschildren.org/

Isaiah 61
 
The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is upon me,
  for the Lord has anointed me
to bring good news to the poor.
He has sent me to comfort the brokenhearted
   and to proclaim that captives will be released
and prisoners will be freed.
He has sent me to tell those who mourn
that the time of the Lord’s favor has come,
and with it, the day of God’s anger against their enemies.
To all who mourn in Israel,
he will give a crown of beauty for ashes,
a joyous blessing instead of mourning,
festive praise instead of despair.
In their righteousness, they will be like great oaks
that the Lord has planted for his own glory.
They will rebuild the ancient ruins,
    repairing cities destroyed long ago.
They will revive them,
though they have been deserted for many generations.
Foreigners will be your servants.
They will feed your flocks
and plow your fields
      and tend your vineyards.
 You will be called priests of the Lord,
ministers of our God.
You will feed on the treasures of the nations
and boast in their riches.
 Instead of shame and dishonor,
you will enjoy a double share of honor.
You will possess a double portion of prosperity in your land,
and everlasting joy will be yours.
“For I, the Lord, love justice.
    I hate robbery and wrongdoing.
I will faithfully reward my people for their suffering
and make an everlasting covenant with them.
Their descendants will be recognized
and honored among the nations.
Everyone will realize that they are a people
the Lord has blessed.”
I am overwhelmed with joy in the Lord my God!
For he has dressed me with the clothing of salvation
and draped me in a robe of righteousness.
 I am like a bridegroom in his wedding suit
or a bride with her jewels.
 The Sovereign Lord will show his justice to the nations of the world.
Everyone will praise him!
His righteousness will be like a garden in early spring,
with plants springing up everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment