"But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name."

John 1:12

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Pistachios

Pistachios. My favorite kind of nuts. It reminds me of my father. We used to eat this a lot and we would talk a lot. I miss those days where I listen to all his stories. I would listen all day to him. I love it. I cherish the days I had with him. I remember the days when he had to come home and I carried him. He was heavy but by God's strength, I was able to carry him. Took care of him although I was so scared of him. I love him. I miss him everyday.

However, the thought of him just made me think about my family. How I love and miss them. How I long to be with them soon. To serve everyone and to minister to each of them. I look forward for that day -- in God's perfect time. For now, He is refining me. I heed to the fire until I am all dead and He is so alive.

I wait for that day but today is the day of favor. Praise God for Jesus Christ, in whom we have the way to the Father and through whom we can have an intimate relationship with the Father and the Son.

Right now, I have learned to be content and be still. He is FAITHFUL!

1 comment: