"But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name."

John 1:12

Monday, August 15, 2011

Wonderful Weekend

What a wonderful weekend! I had one of the best weekends ever! You ask me what did I do? There was nothing "Grand" or "sophisticated". Let me tell you why...

We planned to go to the beach. I was VERY VERY excited! But days before that, I was so discouraged and down. We woke up early to go and it was a fun trip. God just recently taught me how to obey and honor Him in daily circumstances, even in the most little thing like conversation, music, books, words, choice of clothes, choice of manners, etcetera. I was looking forward to apply it and see how God works, how God shows His glory and His power. Obedience and denying self opens a door for God to work and show Himself.

So we went... First challenge was the music. It may be harmless for some but God has been teaching me how to protect my inner sanctuary -- not to let anything that defiles my Prince to take a place in my life, even for a single moment. I know how how the enemy can use a little door to open and come in stealthily in my heart and mind. It is the same with music. We may not know or notice in the beginning but once it starts and it is never stopped, it will develop some desires in our hearts that doesn't honor the Lord. As the music played, I turned on a preaching (recorded in MP3) in my cellphone. I was so scared at the beginning but I took out my notes and started to listen. What a joy to choose Jesus instead!


It was very cloudy and it looks like it is going to rain. We are driving 3 hours to reach the beach. It would be great that it will be sunny. We are like an hour away from the beach and it started to pour out. Ohhhhs and ahhhhs started to reign in the car as frustration and disappointed start to dominate the car. There I was seated at the back seat. Quiet. Hopeful. Joyful despite the rain. With the confidence from the Lord I said, "It is raining now because it has to pour out what it is in the clouds so that when we get there, there will be no more rain. When we get there it will be sunny and nice." I was then confronted by, "well I don't see it. It is raining!" I lovingly replied, "Believe. Faith is not believing what you see but what you don't see." I felt so much peace as I settled back to my seat and continued to listen. I believe God is faithful. After 30 minutes, the rain stopped. I smiled. Thankful to God that He showed His great power again. He is faithful.

There was rejoicing when we arrived the city. It is nothing new. It looks like the other cities. But this one is less busy. They don't have a lot of establishments and parking was tough. But we are excited otherwise.




I took this picture for Yanny. This house looks like a beach itself. It has blue sa floor then it has birds and umbrellas. Hehe!

As we arrived, for some reason, my heart was a little down. I don't quite understand. Every face seemed to be a threat and it brings so much fear in my heart. We rested. I took a short nap while still listening to the preaching. I woke up and they decided to go. I remained with Rose as we talked and ate some grapes. This time, I am not sleepy anymore. Then they dragged Rose. I decided to stay for a little bit more and pray. I didn't want to go while my heart is not settled. As I spoke to my Prince, He encouraged me to rise above what I feel for the moment. After spending a great moment with Him, I rose and enjoyed the waves. Wohoooo! I had a great time.

Beach Volleyball. Walking around. Chilling. Reflecting. Reading. Feeding birds. Exploring new things.










 One has to be screaming. I don't know why. But it was funny. We fed them fries and they are fighting over it. Hehehehhee!!!


Big monkey.
Another mini Golf. The water is blue.

Medieval Mini-Golf. I like the concept of Knights! :)

An advertisement with the use of the boat.
It's like a big TV Screen.
I really had a wonderful time. As I swam, I got fascinated by the waves! There is something special about the waves. I reflected its beauty. There is so much beauty in it. There is so much wisdom in it. I love the waves. They make me happy just reflecting about them. (I will write about them in the next blog). I spent more time just being in the presence of the Lord as I spent time alone with Him. That was my favorite part of the day - being with Him and experience Him more and more. He spoke to me! He has great plans for me! For the last time, I hit the waves again with my boogie board. Hehe! The waves were faster this time. They come in 3's or 2's. But as I reflect on them more and more, I feel His presence pouring out on me all the more. What a wonderful God we have!!!





As we went home, I continued to listen to the preaching and I was convicted with my sins and I truly repented from it. God's mercy and forgiveness are so abundant that He can forgive someone like me. With tears, I asked the Lord to transform me and change me. I am grateful that there is no condemnation to those who are in Christ. But Christ gives a new life! Romans 8:1 Although I was still heartbroken by how I was, I found hope in Jesus Christ, the Lover of my soul. He taught me so much. He has changed my life that night.

On Sunday, so many great things happen too!!! That is now a mystery and not for public knowledge. But God taught me SOOO much! He has brought me joy and fulfillment. He has redeemed and has restored. He has set me free. He has revealed His hand upon me. I am very grateful!


I am very HAPPY! Praise GOD!! All glory to the Lord! He shows His fullness to those who are willing to give their hearts fully to Him!

"Those who trust in the Lord are like Mount Zion,
which cannot be shaken but endures forever." Psalm 125:1

No comments:

Post a Comment