"But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name."

John 1:12

Friday, July 29, 2011

Absolute Surrender



Absolute Surrender. Poured Out Life. All out for Jesus. Exchanged Life.

Those are the words that challenge me with my walk with the Lord. Those are the words that I esteem as the REAL Christian life. I want it for my life.

What is it? What does it cost?

The Absolute Surrendered life is nothing short of a life totally focused and given to the Lord Jesus Christ. It costs ALL there is to us. ALL and not a even a drop for self.

"So likewise, whoever of you does not forsake all that he has cannot be My disciple." Luke 14:33

"For to you it has been granted on behalf of Christ, not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for His sake" Philippians 1:29 We are not called to just believe but to also to suffer for HIS SAKE! I take it as a privilege to suffer for the One who is WORTHY.

I really love these words from Jim Elliot. I pray the same thing. Lord, help me let go of everything that is temporal, those that I hold dearly, all that gives me temporary pleasure. Instead, open my hands to receive Your call, Your cross and die. Die to everything that I want and desire for myself. So that nothing can stop me from living an absolute surrendered life to You."

I enter into a surrendered life in His grace with so much hope and peace. I enter into a season of solitude, refinement and purification so that all of me will DIE until my eye focuses on Him alone and my heart finds true satisfaction in Him alone. As EG White said, "God’s work of refining and purifying the soul must go on until his servants are so humbled, so dead to self, that when called into active service, they may have an eye single to the glory of God.”

So here I am, I ask the Lord to refine me and purify me with His loving eye on me.

Danita Estrella challenged, "Would you be willing to walk away from the temporary pleasures of this life for the sake of the Gospel? Don't answer too quickly because it is going to cost you."

No comments:

Post a Comment