"But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name."

John 1:12

Saturday, July 23, 2011

"God’s work of refining and purifying the soul must go on until his servants are so humbled, so dead to self, that when called into active service, they may have an eye single to the glory of God.” -- EG White
in Review and Herald April 10, 1894


This has made me think. I used to think that when you feel you love God so much, you immediately go out there alone and do "great" and "big" things. However, we will truly miss what He has in store in seeking Him first in an intimate relationship with Him. Through this, He refines and purifies the soul until we are so humbled and dead to ourselves. Then He will lead us to an active service, for His glory alone.

I have made so many big mistakes in my life. I am in a crossroad where I have to decide which way to go. I really don't see the sign and I don't see the roads ahead. But I pray that God will lead me to a place of Total Surrender to Him with His strong and mighty hand. I cannot do this by myself. I need my Savior. Lord, help me.

2 comments:

  1. Yanny.. holding on to the Lord now.. and to His ways.. Watever happens, I lay it all down.. I lay it all down...

    ReplyDelete