"But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name."

John 1:12

Monday, July 11, 2011

Bringing People to Jesus


The love of the Lord is life-changing. For all who have walked in His love knows that it is chain-breaking. He sets us free with His forgiveness, healing and love. He changes us and make us a new creation. He gives us a future full of hope! Most of all, He gives us the privilege to be with Him forever (yes, even NOW).

What is more convicting is that there is something so mysterious with this life-changing love that it overflows. When we experience it and behold of its beauty, we want to share it with people among us. God made it in a way that we want others to experience this Savior, this God who is all powerful and amazing.

"Why wouldn't you go if you have something so GOOD?" - Jackie Pullinger

We wonder, how can we ever share Jesus to others? I wondered about this for long. Would it possible to tell them about Jesus straight up? I tried that before. It didn't work. I was so abrupt with my question that it wasn't effective anymore. Then how?

I really desired to be in Bible School to know this but God revealed that He desired an intimate relationship with me FIRST and He willl show me great and unsearchable things (Jeremiah 33:3) in the realm of an intimate relationship with Him. And He truly did reveal so many things to me. I have studied how to evangelize and what I have read is this, "They will not care about what you know until they know how much you care."

I have learned, through His hand in my life, that yes we can tell people about Him in the Bible but not all receive that. Not everyone is willing to listen to what we are going to say. Some people shun the Bible. Some people think they don't need to hear what I got to say about Him as they know it already.

This song made me cry when I realized that at times, God wants us to LOVE them instead of trying to push the Truth into them. Love them like Jesus loves us. That love then would be characterized by patience, listening ear instead of an angry mouth, selfless acts of service, gentleness, understanding, etcetera. Through the love that Jesus instilled in us by allowing Him to love through us, He will draw them to Himself.

"And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto Me." John 12:32

Most people started to see God when they can see the life that we live. Ever wonder why people don't believe us? Most probably our lives contradict our words.

Let us accompany our words with our actions. Let us go out of our way to love them, the most unloved especially. Let us love them like Jesus. Let us forget our selves and let it DIE. And let us watch God draw ALL men to Himself. ♥

1 comment:

  1. Angel, ginapalangga ka bla namon ngaa gapasaway ka haw? Ginapalangga ka bla ni Jesus. Palangga mo man xa?

    Angel: oo. ah indi. ah ambot. paano mo mapalangga manang ang indi mo makita haw?

    ReplyDelete