"But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name."

John 1:12

Friday, July 8, 2011

HUH becoming an AHA!

"But I will sing of Your power;
         Yes, I will sing aloud of Your mercy in the morning;
         For You have been my defense
         And refuge in the day of my trouble." Psalm 59:16

I used to hate the way I was raised and the way my family was in comparison to other families. Some families didn't have to suffer the way we did. Some kids have Christian parents who raised them in God's way and therefore they grew up without having to go through the trauma that we have to go through - scary days and nights filled with tremor and fear, unwise life decisions, wild escape, regrets of leaving, sexual molestation, etcetera. I used to envy those who have good families. I used to think they were blessed. At the same time I resent it. I asked why I have to experience this. I asked why didn't I have a good family with parents who guided me to the Truth. I became insecure and envious.

However, over the year, God worked in my family in a great and mighty way! He worked in ways beyond my imagination! He has redeemed and rescued by brother and 2 sisters. My sister and brother has given their lives to the Lord. He has poured out on them so much and they have turned away from their old ways. I have witnessed them living for the Lord. I have seen the changes in the lives and it is amazing. I have felt God's work in Angel's life that she hungers to know and experience the Truth, the real Christian life. I have seen her cry telling how she has been prayed for. I have cried hearing her story of going to an establishment that doesn't look like a church but knowing there is a Church service. I have cried because I have been moved. I have been humbled by the power of the Almighty God.



Experiencing all these is beyond words. God has a plan for our family. He has allowed the past to happen to us because He has a greater plan. This has molded us to be who we are and brought us into longing and desperation for the real life and for the real happiness. Because of what we have experienced, He can use us to minister to those who have undergone the same thing. "that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God." 2 Corinthians 1:4 With that, we are empowered and hopeful to live this life with joy, peace and confidence.


Right now, we are undergoing another challenge: Not to ever go back to our old ways and to keep on pushing forward and pressing on to living for Him. However, the enemy seems to get hold on one of us and have strayed away. I can hear the enemy telling me, "You think you can do it huh?"

"But I will sing of Your power;
         Yes, I will sing aloud of Your mercy in the morning;
         For You have been my defense
         And refuge in the day of my trouble." Psalm 59:16

BUT for a moment ONLY because a breakthrough is coming. Another breakthrough is coming for the family. A victory is shining forth even now and when we stand and battle in prayer with thanksgiving and praise, the HUH is becoming an AHA!

Praise God!

2 comments:

  1. We've may have been together experiencing in some of those, but not in all situations. So I didn't really know what you went through. And also you with me. But one thing is for sure. Everything happened for a reason. . . Sometimes I don't know for what reason, but with God's help to provide me strength for tomorrow, I am not weak and I will not cry for yesterday.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice, just like how Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John was with Jesus but they have a different angle in recording their experience with Him. Same with us. We have experienced it at the same time. But it does have different effects on us. Our emotions, our learnings are different too. Share ta?
    Indeed, happens for a reason. I see it as a call for ministry, a greater testimony, a greater breakthrough. As it has been said, "the greater the challenge, the greater the victory." Let us use it for His glory. :)

    ReplyDelete