"But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name."

John 1:12

Thursday, July 7, 2011

A Wonderful Life

Everyone wants to live a wonderful life. Everyone wants to be happy. That is goal of every person. Every action and decision should supposedly make someone happy. We can see it everyday: People working to earn more money for various reasons: to pay bills, to buy needs or to buy new gadgets, new house, new car, and the list goes on; People stealing to obtain money; people killing to take revenge or obtain more money; couples holding and kissing each other; students going to school to obtain education for the future; people shopping for clothes; and so much more! In each of these actions, each person has a goal to be happy.

The question we face is, how about if something doesn't go right? What if someone hurts us with an unkind word? What if someone leaves us unexpectedly? What if someone we love betrays us? What if our child disobeys us? Doesn't that hurt? Doesn't that cause so much pain?

I used to be very sensitive. A little painful word can hurt me and make me cry. I wondered why and how people say mean words to me without consideration. Although I am used to people degrading me and my appearance, I still couldn't understand how people could say bad things to you.

Pain in this life is inevitable. Even the closest person in our life can hurt us. How then can we have a wonderful life amidst all this?

God's word says, "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me." Galatians 2:20

What does it say? We are CRUCIFIED with Christ. We are DEAD. This King/Queen called SELF is DEAD and crucified with Christ. That means, the self has no life in us but it is Christ who lives IN us. With the self living in us, it is so possible that anybody can hurt us. We can feel resentment and hatred for someone because of what they have done to us. But when this "self" is dead and crucified, nothing in us can be hurt. Nothing in us can feel any hatred for someone anymore. Instead, the Author of Love fills us with love for these people. The Prince of Peace fills us with peace. The Author of Joy fills us with joy overflowing. Without SELF, we are free from JUNK and we are free to love, to forgive and to pray.




And it would be indeed a wonderful life! When I apply this principle in a moment by moment basis, what a freedom I have found in Him! I enjoy life more than I could ever think of! I am free! and it is Ohhhh so wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment