"But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name."

John 1:12

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Never Settle for Less - Strive for Excellence

We are the children of the Most High God. WE are called to be excellent and reflect His glory wherever we are.

Conduct yourselves wisely toward outsiders, making the most of the time (Colossians 4:5, NRSV).

I got a funny email from my Team Leader today who sent this email to everyone. It says:


The last sentence made me laugh. Hahaha! It is true. So I immediately opened the files and did them with joy from the Lord. I finished them in less than 15 minutes. Then I proceeded with other tickets. Praise God! God then immediately bless me with so much joy and more of Him!

Yesterday, we have received the results of what our Team Leader was doing: A contest for the Agent of the Month. He has 5 criteria. As I looked into it, I was on top for all 3 criterias. I missed 2 because, I was late once and I missed one question in the quiz. It made an absolute big difference in my total score. However, I am happy that at least on the 3 others, I was doing high above everybody else. Praise God!



I realized that we are the children of God, the most EXCELLENT God who is perfect and whose ways are perfect. If we are His children, then truly, we are called for EXCELLENCE, in whatever we do, wherever we are. We are to do our best in ALL things. We have the access to the exceeding and abudant supply of grace, power, and strength from Jesus Christ. As it is stated in His Word, "Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works IN us." Ephesians 3:20 If He works IN and THROUGH us, we can do ALL things. It doesn't mean that we can put a stack of big jobs in front of us. Instead, through Him we can go beyond the ordinary and walk the extra mile. In this way, God will be glorified. Once we work following His ways, He blesses us with more and He transforms us to be like Him. Our fleshly desires are put to death and we attain more discipline and patience. Through all this, He shines forth His power through us. He will then be glorified. If we follow the world with how they work: being lazy, procrastinating, complaining, dishonest, revengeful, selfish, etc, we will never bring glory to the Lord. But when we die, that is when we willl truly live.

"When I am lifted up, I will draw ALL men to Myself." John 12:32. Imagine people being drawn to Jesus because we lift Him up and we humble ourselves to Him alone.

~ God bless you ~

No comments:

Post a Comment