"But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name."

John 1:12

Friday, July 22, 2011

Yanny birthday celebration - The "First Time" Adventure

Today is Yanny's 24th birthday. My beloved sistahrette!! ♥ We are a thousand miles away and although I tried so many ways to make it special for her, it is totally different from being "together" physically. So I just imagined she is with me. Hehe! Here is the little adventure on her birthday!

I worked early today so I can leave early. I was supposed to leave at 4:00pm but because I got stuck at work and finished the call before 3, my Team Leader just told me to not take lunch and just go home at 3. I was happy. I left work around 3:30 pm and headed for lunch. I thought it would be nice to try so many new things today. So here we go...

First stop: Pizza! Vegan pizza with spinach, brocolli, olives, soy cheese, cucumber, mushroom. Ahmmm it doesn't sound good haha! Well, here is the picture!





After that, I was very excited to go to the Navy Yard Park close to the river. She does like to see new stuff from here -- adventure from far away. So inspite of the blazing hot sun, I journeyed to Navy Yard to see nice ships or stuff in the Navy Museum. I have never been there before so it would be my first time. If my sister is with me, for sure she would love a lot of pictures. Hehehe!

So... I was thinking if I should or not and if I can handle the heat. Hehe! Thinking of her, I went. It is located on the other side of DC so it's a little trek. Because it was too hot, I stopped by Starbucks to get something cold. I got Mocha Coconut Creme frappucino. I really don't go there but for her, I went anyway. I still like Thirsty shakes compared to Starbucks but there is not Thirsty here. Hehe!
I didn't know that the Navy Museum would be very very far. Hahaha!!! So I walked until I reached it. Haha! I took some pictures along the way. The way there was called Transportation walk where they showcase different things they use for the transportation. Here they are:





(The blogger keep on rotating the pictures. I am sorry for that.)

After a few blocks, (I almost gave up! Haha! Thank God for the strength) I reached the Navy Yard. A navy met me in the entrance and asked me where I was going. I said I want to go to the Navy Museum. He warned me it will close in 40 minutes. I said "It's okay, I wont be there very long. I have walked this far so I have to make it." Hehehe! I thought it would be near but it was again a few blocks away. Hahahaha! Nice one! Along the way, I took a few pictures of unusual things.
(indi masuli but this is a Catholic Church. I didn't go in)




 Paulding kno! Hehehe!

When I reached there, the door was locked. Maybe I was just mistaken. They closed at 5. No way! I can't miss this. :( I tried to peek and see what's inside and it looks realy interesting! Ahhh :( It broke my heart. But the day has to go on. I went around the yard to find some amusing things there.

A bunch of canons.

 Oh no!!!
 A Display battleship
 Sakay na!
 Anchor.
 Carry ta?
 Longest canon I've ever seen!
 A projectile, I guess!
 Battleship Propeller. Can we turn it on? It's pretty hot. Hahaha! Joke.



So that's about it. I walked back and took a couple more pictures for Sissy.

The sign says "NO"
The Transportation Walk.
Some display. 
Wheelbarrow. 
Picture with a big tire.

Santa Claus and Rudolph. Hehe! Just kidding! 

 Bike for Rent.

That's it for today... I hope you like it my love!!! I love you very much!♥ Leche flan is cooked! MWAH!!!



4 comments:

  1. hahahahaha! I like your adventure! U did it for me? woahahahahahah I'm happy you enjoyed my birthday! hahahahaahha may pizza pa ko ya ba kag starbucks mocha coconut churva weeeeeeeee hahahaha grabe imo lakat? teh nag rent ka bike?hahahaha ngaa ka mga dalagko sang mga naka display?tuod2x na nga ginausar nila sang una?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I did it for you.. Hihihihi!! I am happy you like it too! :) Huo e.. hehe! :)) WAla ko nag rent bike ky mahal. Basi bla $5 aw. Haha! Te gn lakat ko nlng. Hehe! Ndi nko to magbalik ky grabe ka layo gli. wala ko beh kabalo, nag mangkot2 lng ko. Huo, mga dalagko.. Tuod2 mn na gn gamit nila sang una. bakod gni. WAla may nangawat kg gn baligya sa Junk shop hahahaha!!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute2x ka leche flan...eheheh no sugar nga daw gina topings nga gin tunaw? gin eat mo ni ikaw lng?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha yanny i made a mistake sa topping. Dpat gli padugayon gd ang pag tunaw sng kalamay and water pro daw nadugayan gd ko beh, te gn kuha ko hehehe! dpat ma brown2 gd sya. pro dugay2. hehehehe! NExt time nmn. il eat some later. Patilawon ko sila later. hihi!

    ReplyDelete