"But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name."

John 1:12

Friday, July 22, 2011

Happy birthday Yanny!!

She was born a year after me. Born with a shiny hair while I was born with a lot of hair. She has curly hair, and I have a straight hair. Growing up, we would not get along with her. We have so many differences and I thought we were the exact opposite of each other. She has a strong personality and I did have a very mean demeanor. She was very bubbly and friendly and I was an introvert. Everybody loves her. I admit I was jealous of her. *wink* But although we were different, we would still hug each other and play together. (Thank God for pictures!)



Through the years, she has grown so much. During those years, I still thought we are so different from each other. We don't get along very well and we don't really share secrets like other siblings. However, we do have the same experience with the family. We endured pain and trauma through the years and because we didn't talk about it then, I really don't know what she was feeling about it. I am sure she has undergone so much pain too, like I did. But she has been through so much pain that I myself hasn't gone through before. And shamefully, I was closer to my other friends than her that I don't even know what's in her heart. We never hated each other but we were just different!


After many years, we have gone our separate ways. We both felt we wanted to escape the trauma that is happening at home. So we both left. To be far away from me really taught us the value of family. How precious they are and how much have I taken them for granted before. During these years, God changed my life and I am never the same again. Apaart from anything, they have been a great value to me. It was a pain to see our papa left but we learned the lesson and moved on. Through time, God healed us and brought us closer to Him. What amazed and inspired me the most is when I saw God working in my sister's life. She has changed so much! She is a new creation and I am in so much awe of God's great love!


Now, she is like my best friend. We talked about almost anything, mostly about God and family. We love our family now more than before. God has restored our relationship. It is truly wonderful!



Lian is the kind of woman who is strong, joyful, gracious, very elegant, beautiful, caring, loving and sweet! She has grown so much and she loves the Lord more than anything. We both love flowers and adventurous. We both love food.

That is my sister and I am proud to to be her sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment