"But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name."

John 1:12

Friday, September 9, 2011

Somebody said

Somebody told me today that I am weird. That same person told me I am creepy and I am a witch because I am creepy. Sometimes, people tell me I am crazy and boring. Some laugh at me. Some mock me for my standards, beliefs and faith. I have made some decisions in my life. However, with such decisions, people can make some judgemnts upon me that might destroy my reputation or image.



I cried a tear when the words digested in me. How could it be that someone I always help call me weird carelessly with laughter? What have I done wrong? I wondered. My heart sought for God's comfort as I struggled to be strong.

This life is full of different people - imperfect people. Different people came from different backgrounds and raised in different environments. People went through different experiences and are brought up differently. This is the world we live in. These people make up the environment we live and work in. Everyday. Who are we to judge? Who are we to control? We have no right to.

With that said, it is expected that we are going to face them while we live. We are going to face hurtful words and ridicule. We are going to hear them until we die. No matter how "good" you may think you are, you will face them still. We will get all kinds of rumors and judgments. We will get all kinds of words in this life. That's reality. The truth is, we can't control them. It is vital to know that we can't control what people will tell us and how they will talk to us. The only thing we can do is to control ourselves. It is vital to know that how to deal with them will determine how it will affect us.

How then are we going to deal with them? It is such a comfort to know that we are only up to please One. We only have one Audience and that is God - our Creator, our Father, the just Judge, the Almighty King. It is such a comfort knowing that only His opinion matters.


As children of God, we are to only look unto Jesus and what He thinks about us and what not this world thinks about us. We are a scum of this world and this world will hate us because we are not of this world. In the end, the opinion of men will fade when the opinion of the Judge will be revealed. Let us walk with Christ and follow Him and His word only. Let us respond with love, patience, gentleness, respect and understanding and not in revenge. We should never stop loving and caring. He promised that we are blessed even if we suffer for doing good (1 Peter 3:4) and we will never be put to shame (Romans 10:11).

Mother Theresa said this:

"People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.

If you are honest, people may cheat you. Be honest anyway.
If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway.

The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway.

For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway."

I smiled and responded to the person as he continued to ask for questions and just talk. I felt so much peace and freedom in my heart. It has drawn me closer to my King.

Praise God.

4 comments:

  1. You are not like them that's why they say that to you. They find you supernatural. If Satan has those witches as proxy in this world to work the job for them, God has the His too and you are one of His most beloved. Can't they distinguish that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. get rid of the "the" before "His". uhmuahtsup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a revelation GOd has given to you for me.. Yes, we are different from them. We are weird and crazy because we are not of this world. I love being weird for the Lord. Yehey. I love being ridiculed because I am different. Awesome noh? mwahtsup!

    ReplyDelete