"But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name."

John 1:12

Monday, September 12, 2011

Missionary Monday

MOTHER TERESA


One of the missionaries that inspire me is Mother Teresa. I admire her surrender to the Lord and her love for the Lord and the lost, the broken and the sick. She welcomes the sick and cared for them. I wonder if she has ever rested. God used her so much.

At work I am labeled as "Mother Teresa". I like it a lot. They tease me about it and laugh about it but I think it is a compliment to be likened to one of the heroic Christians I know. This woman taught me to love. She has made a difference in my life by showing and teaching me about LOVE and through her words and example, I am drawn closer to the One who is worthy of her life and my life, Jesus Christ.

Here are some of the quotes from her:

"Love to be real, it must cost—it must hurt—it must empty us of self."

"The person who gives with a smile is the best giver because God loves a cheerful giver."

"The greatest disease in the West today is not TB or leprosy; it is being unwanted, unloved, and uncared for. We can cure physical diseases with medicine, but the only cure for loneliness, despair, and hopelessness is love. There are many in the world who are dying for a piece of bread but there are many more dying for a little love. The poverty in the West is a different kind of poverty -- it is not only a poverty of loneliness but also of spirituality. There's a hunger for love, as there is a hunger for God."

"God made the world for the delight of human beings-- if we could see His goodness everywhere, His concern for us, His awareness of our needs: the phone call we've waited for, the ride we are offered, the letter in the mail, just the little things He does for us throughout the day. As we remember and notice His love for us, we just begin to fall in love with Him because He is so busy with us -- you just can't resist Him. I believe there's no such thing as luck in life, it's God's love, it's His."

"Do not wait for leaders; do it alone, person to person."

"Never worry about numbers. Help one person at a time and always start with the person nearest you."

"Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less."

"When you don't have anything, then you have everything."

"Each one of them is Jesus in disguise."

"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies."

"I pray that you will understand the words of Jesus, “Love one another as I have loved you.” Ask yourself  “How has he loved me? Do I really love others in the same way?” Unless this love is among us, we can kill ourselves with work and it will only be work, not love. Work without love is slavery."

"I would rather make mistakes in kindness and compassion than work miracles in unkindness and hardness."

"I do not pray for success, I ask for faithfulness."

"Joy is a net of love in which you can catch souls."

"Love begins by taking care of the closest ones - the ones at home."

"Words which do not give the light of Christ increase the darkness."

"May God break my heart so completely that the whole world falls in."

"Jesus said love one another. He didn't say love the whole world."

"Intense love does not measure it just gives. "

"Let us not be satisfied with just giving money. Money is not enough, money can be got, but they need your hearts to love them. So, spread your love everywhere you go."

"We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing."

"A sacrifice to be real must cost, must hurt, and must empty ourselves. Give yourself fully to God. He will use you to accomplish great things on the condition that you believe much more in his love than in your weakness."

"Pain and suffering have come into your life, but remember pain, sorrow, suffering are but the kiss of Jesus - a sign that you have come so close to Him that He can kiss you."

"To keep a lamp burning, we have to keep putting oil in it."

No comments:

Post a Comment