"But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name."

John 1:12

Monday, February 27, 2012

Our life is not our own

Two years ago, I started to serve in the church where we are a member in. Because my skills and experience revolve around computers, I thought I would be more fit to serve in the Auxiliary where we manage the projector and the slides during the service on Sundays. I did try it for a couple of weeks as I was being trained but I knew I wasn't called to be there. In my heart came the calling to serve in the children's church. Children? Aren't they the most unmanageable beings on planet earth? I have heard stories from friends who worked with kids and how they would share how unruly and naughty they can be. I was afraid to take on this call. I applied for it but I didn't hear anything from the head of the Children's Ministry.

During our trip to Kenya, I was able to spend some time and even sit beside the head of the Children's Ministry in our church. We were able to bond and honestly I was really intimidated by her. But God put our seats beside each other and we spent the whole flight just talking about each other. When we arrived in the US, I spoke to her about my desire to help in the Children's Ministry but since I didn't have any car, I would just have to come in when my friend comes in early too. Without any more application, she delightfully accepted me.

I started to help in the Elementary group (from first grade to 4th grade). We had 50 to 60 children for one service. It took a lot on me. I lose my strength after that but I was really inspired by the way the Pastor preached to them and how he related to them. But I had a difficult time dealing with children. I wondered what is really God's plan for me on this. I knew God called me to be in the Children's Ministry but then, I couldn't see it clearly. I stopped for awhile when my friend left and I couldn't get a ride. When she got back, I never went back to the Children's Church.

After long, on October 2011, God has so beautifully crafted His plan when He brought me to a conference in Missouri for Child Evangelism Fellowship. God made it clear there that He has called me for this - for children. and I am so glad He did!

He started to give me a heart for children. He gave me such passion and love for them and I really really enjoy them! After 2 months of seeking His will, I enrolled in CMI - Children's Ministry Institute. I tell you, I love and enjoy every minute of it. He also gave me a car to use by blessing me with a family who has an extra car. As I learn in class, I am submerged deeper into the truths of the cross. I understand it more clearly. He made it so clear to me how He has called me to be a teacher. And though I ran away from it for years and years, He is restoring it. Praise God!

Before I started the classes, I started serving again in Children's Church. This time, I have committed to a time and date. At first it was difficult. I didn't know how to deal with them but yesterday (Sunday), it was so beautiful. I didn't feel so tired anymore. Instead, I was filled with so much love for these children and I really enjoy being with them. Instead of learning, I am being changed. My life has changed drastically. I am so grateful!


God truly knows where our hearts' desires are and if we follow Him, He will show it to us! Our life is not our own!

I look forward to see more of Him and what He will do. He is amazing!

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end." Jeremiah 29:11


"Not unto us, O LORD, not unto us, but unto thy name give glory, for thy mercy, and for thy truth's sake." 
Psalm 115:1

No comments:

Post a Comment