"But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name."

John 1:12

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

His Faithfulness Abounds

Is there anything in your life that you desire so much? How do you attain that? How are you able to take hold of it? Do you trust God to fulfill it or do you manipulate your way into getting it?

I have learned a valuable lesson in waiting and trusting on the Lord.

"Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD." Psalm 27:14

Waiting on God has been one of the greatest challenge each of us face each day in our lives. We get so impatient that we like to take the matters into our own hands. Then we end up in heart ache, turmoil, frustration and worse, disaster. I had my own series of going before God and I know where I arrived: disaster. God convicted me of that one day: "You always like to go before Me." I repented from my sins and started to trust the Lord.

For a few months now, God has challenged me to trust Him more with my time and finances. "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.." Matthew 6:33. I adjusted my budget in obedience and I saw several RED marks. That means negative balances for the months onward. It becomes deeper into the negative value. I don't know what's going to happen to me but trusting the Lord was the ONLY way to go. With the trust He has given me, I gave lovingly and trusting He will take care of me. Seek Him FIRST. "Seek His Kingdom first and He will take care of your needs." So here we go.

There are so many desires in my heart. A month ago, I have discovered that Katie Davis, one of the missionaries who inspire me is coming to the US. She is coming to Atlanta, GA for a conference. I was so desiring to go and meet her. I know I don't have the funds to go so I prayed and believed in God for His will in my life. With surrender, I gave the will to God. Although I really wanted to go, it is still His will and His plan that I desire to be fulfilled. I kept on believing that if it is God's will then He will provide. Days and weeks have passed. No answer. Just last week, Ate Yoli, a Filipino friend of mine who lives in Nebraska, sent me a message inviting me to come to Warrenton, MO (Missouri) for the Explore Weekend conference by Child Evangelism Fellowship (www.cefonline.com/explore). I have replied saying I will pray about it since God knows currently I don't have any funds to pay even just for the registration. I prayed and waited on God. If it was the old me, I would have used my credit card. But no, I waited on God. I really want to see how He works and know Him more through the process. He is all I want anyway! So I prayed and waited on Him. Friday (September 30, 2011) has arrived and that is the deadline for the registration. "Okay, Lord? If it is not your will, You have much better. You know the best!" In the afternoon, there was a monthly celebration at work. There was an awarding for the 2nd quarter. I knew I wouldn't get any reward because I wasn't here one of those months. Suddenly, the Manager announced the QMP Champion (Best call and ticket quality and Customer survey score) for the quarter and he called my name. I was so thrilled. Not just that, I will be given $150! Praise God!!! Really!! Now I have the money to pay for the registration and some money to cover what I lack to pay for my brother's tuition. How GREAT IS THE LORD!!!

I have then informed Ate Yoli that I have the money for the registration but I don't have the money for the fare, which is times 4 the registration. That night we talked and they got a ticket for me to travel from VA to MO. God is so faithful. I can't help but cry with amazement and joy for His faithfulness to me! So now I am going to Missouri to discern God's will and explore the ministry of CEF -- reaching out to children with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I am very excited.

Let us be expectant of the great things God is going to show in the next few minutes, hours, days and months. Finally, I know how peaceful and joyful it feels knowing it is God's hands who moved and made things possible. What a peace to know that it is His will for us and not just our own desires. Waiting on the Lord is truly worth it. Victory! His victory brings tears of joy and true excitement! He is FAITHFUL!

He truly does take care of you when you take care of His business first. Praise God! I can tell you that since I stopped using my credit card, I never lacked. There is always provision and even more!

Isn't He magnificent?

1 comment:

  1. (Lian likes this)

    heheheheh

    Now to Him who is ABLE TO DO IMMEASURABLY MORE THAN ALL WE ASK OR IMAGINE, according to His power that is at work within us.

    ReplyDelete